The Newfoundland Quarterly.
Vol. XII.-N0. 1. JULY, 1912.
By His Grace, Archbishop Howley.
On Sillers’ map (1671) the islands of St. Pierre, Miquelon and Langley are represented surrounded by a bank or shoal, and are named « Greene isles. »
On Thornton’s map (1689) we have the following: — [..], Langlou, Dunes (shown as an island) and Maquelan. All these islands are shown correctly in their places as they stand on our maps of today, except that at present the Dunes is but a strip of sand joining the islands of Miquelon and Langley. On the main land opposite these …Lire la suite